Sunday, May 7, 2017

Joe Reilly

Sometimes you meet amazing people and this is one of them. This is Joe Reilly today May 7th is his 97th birthday. He was in the 101st Airborne Division. He was a paratrooper and his first jump in battle was the D-Day invasion of Normandy. I got to listen to stories of his life and was mesmerized by him! I only wish I could have listened longer. He has made trips back to Normandy and the other battle grounds he fought in. I am so lucky to have met him. I found a story on www.nbcnews.com search the journey to Normandy . Joe is on there as well as other Veterans telling their stories. Check it out! We made an announcement thanking Joe for his service. He was seated in row 1 and had to wait for his wheelchair when we landed. As people deplaned they would stop shake his hand and thank him. It was so sweet. I teared up as I watched. He always gives a thumbs up it is his signature move. So that is why we are doing it in the picture. He is a hero and I am glad I had a chance to meet him! Happy Birthday Joe!

2 comments: